Previous education

Previous Education If you plan to enter the German higher education system you need a university entrance qualification called a HZB Hochschulzugangsberechtigung. International applicants to German universities need to prove that their school leaving certificate is equivalent to a German Abitur. If it is, that means they have a HZB. You can have a full HZB or a limited one. A limited HZB allows you to study only certain subjects or at a limited selection of higher education institutions. Whether you have a full HZB or not depends on the country in which you have received your school leaving certificate as well as on the amount of school years you have completed. In some cases, international applicants can only acquire a HZB by finishing secondary education plus studying at a university for one or two years. This is all very individual and needs to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you want to find out how your foreign school leaving certificate is evaluated in Germany choose the country where you went to school and follow the instruction. If you have a school leaving certificate from either Afghanistan, Syria Palestine, Nigeria or Pakistan you can check it right here in the Transfer Checklist on Kiron Campus. Based on the information you enter, we will tell you which kind of HZB you possess. If you have a school leaving certificate from another country you need to use the Uni-Assist website to find out what kind of HZB you have. If you cannot find your country here or at Uni-Assist please contact us. Make sure that all the information that you provide here or at Uni-Assist is accurate and remember that this is just a pre-check and that the final decision will be made by the university once you apply. If you want to apply to university and prove that you possess a HZB with your foreign educational certificates you will need to get certified translations of your original documents. It’s important that this is done by a sworn interpreter here in Germany. We will guide you on how to get certified translations of your original documents, please make sure that the information you provide is accurate.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *